This informative how-to guide will provide a step by step description of the process to set up merchant services inside QuickBooks Point of Sale software:
- Initial set up of merchant account service
- How to process debit & credit card transactions
- Processing PIN debit card transactions
- Handling end of the day activities
- Reconciling Point of Sale payment transactions
Initial set up of merchant account service
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks Point of Sale Software
- Step 2: From the Company menu, Select Company Preferences
- Step 3: Click on Merchant Service. You will see the dialog box below
- Step 4: Enter the your merchant account number.
- Step 5: Now you can begin accepting credit and debit cards!
How to process debit & credit card transactions
- Step 1: Have them either swipe the card or enter the information by hand
- Step 2: Then they should click “Authorize”
Processing PIN debit card transaction
Processing PIN debit card transactions
This simple screen appears when a customer wants to use a PIN debit card to make a purchase and/or get cash back.
End of Day activities are automatic! Select from the closing procedures you want to occur:
- End of Day reports including print immediately functionality
- Back Up of Company Data
- Batching merchant account service activity
- Exchange your financial data with QuickBooks Point of Sale
Reconciling your Point of Sale payment transactions
- Merchants can easily identify which Point of Sale card payment transactions were included in their bank account deposits.
- Transactions are grouped into batches on the QuickBooks Payments to Deposits screen for easy and quick reconciliation.