Senior Accounting Manager
Location: Austin, TX or any of the following states – AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, LA, MA, NC, ND, NV, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, and WY.
Telecommute: This is a 100% Virtual / Remote work environment.
Job Type: Full Time / Salaried
Salary: $75-95K per year base + quarterly bonus opportunities
- Reviewing and identifying gaps when reading financial statements.
- Creating accounting process consistency for staff and clients.
- QuickBooks system design, staff and management training, strategic consulting, and file troubleshooting.
- Serving as a project manager and a participating member project tasks.
- Keeping staff in budget and on time – over deliver to clients.
- Regularly participate in scoping projects, change orders, and developing client proposals.
- Under limited supervision, our seniors are expected to:
- Independently manage assigned clients, including but not limited to: maintaining client documentation and files; identifying additional client needs and creating upsell opportunities; and meeting or exceeding expected billable goals;
- Delegate tasks at all opportunities and participate in coaching team members on their own elevation.
- Track and communicate project and task status and budget to all necessary parties and maintain client pipelines using our project management system;
- Provide ongoing training and end-user support during and after technical system and software implementations;
- Use excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively correspond with external and internal parties;
- Perform other functions as assigned in accordance with business need.
Helpful skills, experience, and knowledge
- 3+ years in the consulting industry – CPA, Management Consulting, etc
- 5+ years of experience with QuickBooks
- Controller or management experience
- QuickBooks Desktop Certification (current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Certification (current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Intermediate project management skills
Ideal candidate will demonstrate
- Willingness to take own the impact of client experience and projects through diligence, dedication, and consistency
- Ability to build excellent client relationships
- Ability to work independently within a team dynamic
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental/Vision, and Life Insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Paid time off including holidays
- Limited office expense reimbursement
- Tuition/Training/Membership Payment Program
- Work from home
- Flex hours for consultants
- Company laptop, monitor, phone, etc.
- Opportunity to participate in company sponsored charity events