My recent American Express Open article, Can Enterprise Technology Boost Your Business got me thinking a bit more about what it really takes to grow a business. As a result, AQB is focusing our July blog series and our July webinar, Grow Your Business Now, on this topic.
Unless you deliberately keep your eye on the big picture, business can be a little bit of ready, shoot, aim. You can’t discount luck in business: meeting the right person, a great referral, being in the right place at the right time. But without a little aim, or a vision of where you want to go, it’s pretty hard to grow.
Ask yourself the hard questions:
- How big do I want my company to be?
- What is my company known for? What do I want it to be known for?
- How do I want my employees to feel about their jobs?
- What industries do we want to work in?
- What will my role be?
- What does our every day workload look like?
- How do we measure success?
These questions aren’t new; countless business planning books and websites offer similar, if not the same, questions. The answers – your answers – will provide the insight you need in order grow your organization.
Stay tuned for the next blog on the information you need to grow your business.