I’m not a big fan of procrastination, at work or in my personal life. I just like to get things done. While there are probably some very good psychological reasons as to why people put off the inevitable, I think it’s because whatever it is that has to be done is mostly unpleasant. Consider these:
- Exercising. I hate to exercise; I’ll just go tomorrow morning.
- Going to the doctor. I don’t have time to sit around and wait, or I don’t want to find out there’s something really wrong.
- Cleaning up the house (or your desk). There are a lot more fun things to be doing than cleaning.
- Dieting. Just one more bite.
- Sorting out the taxes and bookkeeping. I don’t even know where to start.
I’ve learned the secret to avoiding procrastination: Outsource! That’s why I have a gym (and sometimes, even a personal trainer) and a maid. While dieting and going to the doctor are things you CAN’T outsource, Fourlane has developed a new offering to help you with #5.
So many people file extensions (another form of procrastination) because they just can’t get their taxes organized in time. Others don’t even know where to start. If you find folders full of receipts and your bookkeeping is a jumbled mess, relax. Our expert bookkeeping team will:
- review your QuickBooks files to make sure that they are ready to go, performing clean up as necessary; and
- sort through your box full of receipts and get them ready for tax season.
The Fourlane team will then hand things over to our tax expert, Juan Macias, EA, to review and prepare your return. The fees depend on how far back the bookkeeper has to go.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you rest easy about tax season this year and stop procrastinating!