Your accounting software must provide an accurate picture of your business, day-to-day and in real time.
This blog series focuses on finding the right kind of software to fit your needs, but how do you know when it’s time to upgrade? Here are 7 questions you’ll want to ask:
- Can you access the data you need easily? Is it all in one place, or scattered in different systems or files?
- Are reports easy to generate? Are there pre-installed report templates you can use?
- Is it accessible by the users who need it? Do all employees who need access to the system have it?
- Is it flexible? Does your current system have the flexibility and scalability to meet your growing needs? Are you nearing capacity?
- Is it reliable? Is your system frequently down?
- Is it affordable? Maintenance costs are constantly increasing; is your current system unsupported, on discontinued equipment or do you need to upgrade your server?
- Does it complete all necessary tasks? If your solution isn’t keeping abreast of current industry trends and technological advances, you’re missing out on important functionality that could help you grow your business.
Figuring out your needs takes time; you won’t discover what you need overnight, but if you do your homework, you’ll be much better off for the long-term health of your business.
Fourlane specializes in QuickBooks accounting software consulting and implementation. If you need help deciding which accounting software is best for your business, please contact us today for a consultation.