We love Intuit because its suite of products works for businesses of all sizes and industries. As an Intuit reseller, we see purchases of various QuickBooks products to all kinds of companies, everyday. However, at times I question whether businesses are choosing the best QuickBooks options to meet their needs.
For example, a small manufacturing firm recently purchased 5 seats of QuickBooks Premier from our website, and the firm also processes payroll with Enhanced Payroll. With the current discounts in place, the company paid around $1,300 for the software and $400 for payroll + $2 per employee per paycheck.
If I had been advising them, I would have suggested QuickBooks Enterprise. While the annual cost of the software would have been slightly higher at $207 per month for all users, or around $2,486 for the year, the improved functionality would have made up for it. Included at that price are both and direct deposit fees. The client would most likely saved money in the first year.
QuickBooks Enterprise is a good solution for growing companies because of its:
- powerful reporting capabilities, with standard and customizable options;
- ability to work in two company files at the same time;
- capacity to track more than 100,000 customers, vendors, employees and inventory items;
- ability to control employee access using 14 predefined user roles; and
- scalability up to 30 employees.
The Silver Edition of QuickBooks Enterprise offers these functions in the standard package. Payroll, Advanced Inventory and Advanced Pricing are offered at the Gold and Platinum levels.