In my last blog, I talked about the need for a QuickBooks app. There are many times when QuickBooks can be used, but when it can’t, one of our strengths is helping our clients find another, workable solution.
When a client comes to us needing additional functionality to its QuickBooks file, we go through a 7-step process to determine the best solution for them:
- Needs analysis. Our software consultants as probing questions to determine the exactly what the client needs, analyzing both requirements and features that would be nice to have.
- Answer the question: Can QuickBooks meet this need? If the answer is yes, we proceed down the path of showing the client how. Read my last blog to learn more about how we use QuickBooks creatively to solve many clients’ problems. If the answer is no, we go to step 3.
- Identify potential apps that meet the client’s needs. We have a lot of experience with apps; we know the ins and outs, what works well, and what can junk up your QuickBooks file. We’ll cut through the chatter and make some great recommendations.
- Schedule demos. The next step will be asking the app developers to do a demo for your team. Fourlane’s staff participates as well to ask the right questions and make sure you know what you’re getting.
- Decision time. Once you’ve gotten all the options, you can make a decision that is right for your team.
- Implementation. Let’s put the app to work; we’ll install the tool and get you started.
- Process changes. With new tools come new processes. Our experts will determine if you need to make any changes in how you are using the app.
Apps are incredibly useful tools to automating your back office, but the wrong app can get you off track in your books and processes. Let us help you get started finding the right automation tools! Contact us today via email or call 800-931-2120.