In my last blog, I introduced our new packages. The next few blogs will outline the actual services within each. I know many companies that won’t touch inventory; it’s too messy, so they prefer to work with consultants and service providers to do their books. Not Fourlane. I started my career in manufacturing, so inventory doesn’t scare me.
Why would you need a QuickBooks inventory cleanup? If you are carrying one balance on your inventory and QuickBooks thinks you have a different value on your inventory, it’s time to do an inventory clean up.
Here’s the process we follow:
- Verify and rebuild your live QuickBooks file. This ensures we’re working with clean data.
- Run Balance sheet and Inventory Valuation Summary, as well as the No Item report.
- If your No Item report is not at 0, we will do a journal entry for it.
- We will then remove the negative and inactive inventory.
- Next, we’ll re-compare reports to determine if there still are issues.
- We will provide you with reports showing that the two reports now match and what (if any) adjustments were made.
- Next, we will backup the file and return it to you.
- Finally, we will communicate all findings and errors corrected in writing and schedule a follow-up call to review.