Waiting for a service technician is not fun for two main reasons:
- You’re annoyed something is broken at your home or business.
- You have waiting for the service technician to show up in their timeframe, not yours.
Field service management software does not fix what’s broken at your customer’s house. The technician still has to do that, of course, but the software can fix what is broken or lagging with your customer service.
Here’s how the software can improve the customer experience:
- Customers receive automatic notification of when the technician is on the way.
- Technicians have the client history at their fingertips, so they can more quickly diagnose the problem and have the right parts available to fix the problem on the first visit.
- Preventative scheduling is made simpler.
As Aberdeen Group senior research analyst Aly Pinder points out, this software not only resolves the client’s issue. but also turn it into a value-added experience (Note: the link requires a free registration to obtain the information).
Remember: A happy client means more word-of-mouth referrals and increased business for your company.
My next blog will cover integrating and customizing field service management software.