Get your QuickBooks file fixed and fully optimized.
From database stability to ledger tie-outs, our 65-point file review process will give you an in-depth look into the health of your QuickBooks data. Request a free consultation today.
Request a Free Consultation
Why am I getting an error code?
QuickBooks has more than 500 error codes. The vast majority of them stem from some type of data corruption in the backend database, a problem when upgrading or changing the file (we recommend never upgrading more than 1 year at a time for this reason), or a problem with permissions.
However, most error codes can stem from one of multiple issues, so without getting into the back end of the software and Sybase database it is near impossible to determine the root case. Although each error code comes with suggested steps to fix it, we find that these rarely work and are difficult to properly execute without backend training.
If you are getting served an error code we can help you determine the issue, fix the corrupted data, and return a new file with no errors.
QuickBooks Data & File Services
- File Repair
- File Condense
- File Consolidation (Merge 2 or more files)
- Database Repair
- Fix Target Chaining Errors
- Fix File Corruption
- Speed Improvement Assessment
- Data Migration
- Downgrade (QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro/Premier/Online)
- Fix Negative Inventory
Common QuickBooks Error Codes - We Can Help!
With more than 5,000 satisfied customers we have seen it all! We’ve worked with files in use since 1992, files over 12gb, files that crashed daily, and files with severe target chaining errors. Stop letting QuickBooks errors stop or slow down your business. Work with a team of certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors and database technicians who can repair your file, stop errors, and set you up on the path to success.
- “Assertion failed”
- Error c=43 (frequently occurs when processing online/digital transactions)
- Error Message: “An error has occurred. If this is the first time using this account, or you have manually modified your account data, please check your account setup, otherwise call tech support”
- EDLIST.C (retStatus.Succeeded()) is false
- LVL_ERROR; LVL_ERROR–Connection; LVL_ERROR–** Corrected **
- LVL_ERROR–Warning: Verify Name list: totInList was xx. Should be yy
- Verify list index Name: Invalid index entry
- Verify Name List Item xx: View out of sequence.
- Error: Verify Name Estimate Balance failed. Name = xx
- LVL_FATAL_ERROR–Cannot Continue–check for pEdList->hView == 0 failed.
- (pEdList->hView == 0) is false
- Error (-6177,-0), (-6178,-0), -6108, -105 or (-6179,-0)
- “QBW – an error has occurred in your program… Close or Ignore” when closing a QBW file (close & ignore both result in GPF in module QBCHAOS.DLL).
- “This is not a Quickbooks data file or data is from a newer version. Check to ensure that the path and file name of the QBW file are correct.”
- Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact technical support.
- Quickbooks Error “-6150 -1006”, “-6177,0”, “-1,0”, “C=224”, “-6000, -305”, (-6000, -305), -6000,301 “ASSERTION FAILED” *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 123456 (x.0.x.xxxx)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6150, -1006)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6000, -301)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6189, -82)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6000, -305)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6123, -xxx)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6177, 0)
- Quickbooks Error Codes (-6000, -30)
- The -6000 error code series (-6000, -30), (-6000, -301), (-6000, -305), (-6123, -xxx), (-6150, -1006), (-6177, 0), (-6189, -82)
- All C=nn errors
- “Connection to company file has been lost”
- “File may be damaged”
- “Connection to company file has been lost”
- Data contains duplicate list items
- C=88 (problem reading one or more of the data trees in the file – loss of network connection)
- C=102 (list problems – usually version 5 and earlier)
- C=43 (can’t read transaction)
- C=44 (can’t write transaction)
- C=47 (can’t find transaction) – Usually happens during reporting
- C=53 (list item still exists after being deleted)
- C=79 (problem with inventory data)
- C=121 (invalid account type) | C=225 (error reading transaction) | C=291 (problem with templates)
- C=315 (a generic error that can occur anywhere within QuickBooks)
- C=342 (usually followed by an IPF in APPCORE.DLL – damaged data tree)
Even though QuickBooks is designed to be a general business product, over one million businesses across all kinds of industries in the U.S. still rely on QuickBooks for their accounting functions. Fourlane’s consultants have worked with thousands of businesses within virtually every industry to help tailor QuickBooks to fit the unique needs their industry requires. Whether you run a small retail store, an international manufacturing business, a residential construction company, a law firm, a software company, or a fast growing nonprofit, we've seen it, done it, and can help.
- Accounting & Finance
- Advertising & Marketing
- Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
- Computer / IT Services
- Computer Software
- Construction & Contracting
- Distribution & Wholesale
- Energy / Utilities
- Engineering, Architecture, & Design
- Healthcare / Medical
- Health & Beauty
- Logistics & Transportation
- Media / Publishing
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Restaurant & Hospitality
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors
Our QuickBooks experts are here to provide the professional business management solution and technology consulting services your growing business needs. Having performed thousands of QuickBooks data conversions, file repairs, condenses, new files setups, and corruption troubleshooting, we have the knowledge and experience you can rely on in a business partner. Get help with implementing and optimizing the right solution for your business.
#1 Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider
Get preferred pricing on all Intuit QuickBooks products and solutions.
Fourlane is one of the country’s top Elite QuickBooks Solution Providers and Consulting Firms and has been awarded Intuit’s prestigious Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider of the year every year since 2010. Fourlane has performed thousands of client engagements across several industries with very strong expertise around QuickBooks implementation, integration and business processes.
“Fourlane’s broad expertise in all of Intuit’s products gives them the ability to provide exceptional service to QuickBooks’ users. As a QuickBooks Solution Provider, we count on solutions Fourlane provides to small- and mid-sized businesses all over the country. They are an important part of Intuit’s Reseller channel.”
-Simon Pass, Intuit Reseller Program Sales Leader
What Our Customers Are Saying
Since 2008, Fourlane has helped thousands of happy customers with QuickBooks.
Alisha Raesz of Fourlane has been a tremendous asset to our company. She has completely overhauled our accounting system and guided us to increased profits by setting up new cost coding and job tracking reports. Her knowledge of QuickBooks and professionalism have helped us rise to the next level. I just can’t say enough about Alisha and Fourlane. Thanks!!!
JJ Luebbe | Luebbe Companies, LLC
We started with Fourlane specifically for Quickbooks point of sale help. Fourlane was awesome. They have incredible knowledge of Quickbooks. This year we added another layer of Fourlane help. We hired Fourlane for bookkeeping. We are thrilled that we did. LaTiffany is our day to day contact. She is incredible. LaTiffany has cleaned up, streamlined and maintained our accounting. LaTiffany and Fourlane are pleasures to work with.
Wendy Thomajan | Austin Foot & Ankle Specialists
I worked with Fourlane on a QuickBooks data conversion. They were extremely helpful and knowledgable. Helped us through a very rough patch smoothly. I would highly recommend Fourlane.
Brenda Shearer | Technical Specialties Corporation
Fourlane is helping us convert from NetSuite to Quickbooks. I'm very impressed with the professionalism and competency of everyone at Fourlane, without exception.
Jim Roundtree | Cinsay
I contacted Fourlane about QuickBooks POS. We needed some assistance with having our inventory program work with QuickBooks POS. Tarrah was helpful in this matter. While talking with her I discovered that Fourlane could assist my company with our QuickBooks as well as other concerns in my company. We are still in the process of changing our system and at the same time I have recommended some of my customers contact Tarrah.
Mike Patterson | Allied Inventory Services
Fourlane has been a great partner with our third-party software integration. The key to me is that when they are not 100% on an answer they do not try to resolve it “on-the-fly’ but go back and do research.
Derek Pennant-Jones | Celling Biosciences
No one likes to think about having to change accounting systems, particularly when you have been using the same system for over 20 years, but sure enough that day came for my firm in Texas recently. My firm is a distribution center for a pump manufacturer in Minneapolis. After searching for alternatives, I was unhappy with what I found, so I called Intuit, discussed our upcoming situation, and the first thing I wanted to know was, whom do I contact that would be considered experts at installation, training and manipulating Quickbooks. Without a drop of the hat, they recommended FOURLANE…If you ever had doubts of using their product or getting the support you would need, rest assured, FOURLANE is the way to go.
Jim Horany | Wanner Engineering
We have worked with Alisha Raesz from Fourlane for the past 6 months and have been so impressed with her knowledge and attention to detail. Alisha has guided us through a new company file changeover to help our manufacturing business grow and she has provided amazing customer service. We could not have done it without her help!
Christy Ricketts | Contemporary Research
Marjorie Adams and Tarrah Hendrickson were very helpful during the initial 30 minute consultation, which was free of charge! I had a complex issue and they were able to resolve it for me within the 30 minutes, so I ended up getting the advise for no charge, which my boss will love! Would definitely recommend as well as use Fourlane in the future.
Jill Blecher | Mass Polymers
Fourlane was unbelievably helpful to me when I wanted Quickbooks Premier for my company. I ordered for 1-user then wanted to add another. Then ended up wanting to add another and another. Linn was super helpful and was able to set me up where I continuously got credit for what I had already paid and in the end got all 4-users for less than the price of 3. She went above and beyond what most would do in her place. Anytime I need something and Fourlane has it, I will be purchasing from them.
P.S. This is the FIRST ever review I have given – positive or negative – so that is how much I valued the service I received from Linn and Fourlane.
Laura Jolliff | Bob Riddick Roofing, Inc.