Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2021
With Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2021, you can do more for your desktop clients from the convenience of your office, and discover newfound flexibility for a more efficient practice. Intuit’s latest tools automate everyday tasks, so you and your clients can focus on business. Bypass busy work and streamline projects so you can do more than ever for your clients.
Improved bank feeds1
Automatically categorize bank transactions with more detail by using enhanced rules, batch editing and improved matching.
Create customer groups
Create rule-based customer groups based on fields like customer type, status, location and balance, so you can easily manage and communicate to them.
Automatically send statements
Save time by automating regularly sent statement emails, tailored to different customer groups based on their needs.
Take action from anywhere with Accountant Toolbox
Get quick access to your most essential tools so you can make your day-to-day feel a whole lot lighter.
- Access your Accountant Toolbox2 from your clients’ QuickBooks Pro or Premier, remotely or in a hosted setup.
- Find and fix entry errors fast with Client Data Review.
- Delete, void, or reclassify hundreds of transactions at once.
- Write off multiple invoices in one screen.
Their books. Your schedule.
With Accountant’s Copy, you and your clients don’t have to plan work around each other.
- Transfer files seamlessly instead of having to save your work to a computer or thumb drive.
- Work on your own copy of your client’s files, even if clients are working at the same time3.
- Your adjustments are merged quickly and easily.
Find your sweet spot
Make it easier to view and access multiple client files and work how you’re most comfortable.
- Tailor your office for enhanced efficiency and productivity with Multi-Monitor mode4.
- Save time by working in two company files at the same time with Multi-Instance.5
- Locate items, accounts, and clients faster with search auto-fill.
- Search a range of values to help recall transaction amounts.
- Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 update/version supported by Microsoft
- Windows Server 2012 (or R2), 2016, or 2019
- 2.4 GHz processor
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive (unless user is downloading from Intuit server)
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280×1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports one Workstation Monitor, plus up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
Integration with other software
- Microsoft Word and Excel integration requires Office 2013 – 2019, or Microsoft 365 (32 and 64 bit)
- E-mail Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2013 – 2019, Microsoft 365, Gmail™, and Outlook.com®, other SMTP-supporting email clients. Integration with QuickBooks POS 12.0, 18.0 or 19.0.
- Transfer data from Quicken 2016-2020, QuickBooks Mac 2016-2021 and Microsoft Excel 2013 – 2019, Microsoft 365 (32 or 64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
1. Pro and Premier customers may download data from participating banks until May 2024. This date does not apply to Pro Plus, Premier Plus or Enterprise customers. Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions and fees.
2. The Accountant Toolbox feature is available to Accountants who have QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus. The Accountant must be using the latest QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus and the Client must be using the latest QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
3. Works with Accountant Copy files from QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Premier Industry Editions 2019, 2020, and 2021. Payroll transactions cannot be adjusted. Not all fields can be accessed in QuickBooks 2019, 2020, and 2021 files; including 1099 Account Mapping and modify and merge class lists. Previous versions of Accountant’s Copy restricted reconciliation after dividing date. Additional fees apply for file transfer services across Intuit servers.
4. Up to 3 monitors supported. Not available in a hosted environment. University of Utah study from 2008 indicated that productivity can increase by up to 44% for routine office tasks by upgrading from single monitor to dual monitor configuration.
5. Multi-Instance applies to two different QuickBooks files being open concurrently. Does not allow the same QuickBooks file to be open concurrently. Available in QuickBooks Accountant Desktop 2017-2021 and QuickBooks Accountant Enterprise 2017-2021. Some restrictions apply in either the first instance, second instance, or both instances of QuickBooks files.
6. Based on standard list price for 1-user license of each accountant version of QuickBooks Accountant. Must be an active and current QuickBooks ProAdvisor and can be downloaded once per year only. Transactional and other fees apply for use of Payments software. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to change without notice.